Categories:

Monthly Archives:

Recent Comments:
  • Doc { Great read, hope there's more soon. } – Jan 02, 6:51 AM
  • J_Mo { This is the scariest story I've read here on talesworldwarz.com. this guy is way worse than the undead. Thank you... } – Dec 23, 11:18 AM
  • Justin Dunne { You had me at Kevin Fortune. } – Dec 22, 4:56 AM
  • Kristen { Wow. This is twisted and wonderful. Thanks for sharing. } – Dec 21, 7:51 PM
  • Martin { It,s too bad we can,t rate these stories like some other sites. Wow! What a great tale so far! 5... } – Dec 20, 1:20 AM

• Spooky Halloween book series

All The Dead Are Here - Pete Bevan's zombie tales collection

Popular Tags:

WARNING: Stories on this site may contain mature language and situations, and may be inappropriate for readers under the age of 18.

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH starring Vincent Price
    October 2, 2009  Video

While not a zombie movie proper, TLMOE is a creepy retelling of Richard Matheson’s I Am Legend with plenty of 1960s era zombie movie themes.

5 Comments

1. Its good but not as good as the book, much better than the more recognised Omega Man. It also helps that Vincent Price can make any film creepy.

Comment by Pete Bevan on October 3, 2009 @ 10:22 am

2. The film was made on a shoestring but captures the feel of the book pretty well. My only gripe, and it’s so minor as to not spoil the viewing experience, is that I never got the sense of time passing like I did in the book. I mean, he was the last man for YEARS. Long enough to learn enough biology to work on a cure, but that never really comes across in the movie.

This film is a million-billion times better than the recent remake, and a few thousand times better than Omega Man.

Comment by jrderego on October 5, 2009 @ 1:31 pm

3. And as there’s no edit button… Congrats on your contest win Pete!

Comment by jrderego on October 5, 2009 @ 1:31 pm

4. oh thank you 🙂

Comment by Pete Bevan on October 6, 2009 @ 11:44 am

5. Matheson, after working on the screenplay for this movie, decided to have his name removed because he was unhappy with it. I don’t now why. This is one of my favorite horror films ever and the absolute first to present the “modern” zombie-apocalypse-survivor-in-a-fort genre of film. TLMOE is superior to the remake in every way except effects (and Will Smith was good but c’mon man, it’s Vincent “Effing” Price). I love this film and drag it out every Halloween. P.S sorry for the bump, just found this site and loving it.

Comment by Winston on February 21, 2012 @ 10:05 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.