Categories:

Monthly Archives:

Recent Comments:
  • Doc { Great read, hope there's more soon. } – Jan 02, 6:51 AM
  • J_Mo { This is the scariest story I've read here on talesworldwarz.com. this guy is way worse than the undead. Thank you... } – Dec 23, 11:18 AM
  • Justin Dunne { You had me at Kevin Fortune. } – Dec 22, 4:56 AM
  • Kristen { Wow. This is twisted and wonderful. Thanks for sharing. } – Dec 21, 7:51 PM
  • Martin { It,s too bad we can,t rate these stories like some other sites. Wow! What a great tale so far! 5... } – Dec 20, 1:20 AM

• Spooky Halloween book series

All The Dead Are Here - Pete Bevan's zombie tales collection

Popular Tags:

WARNING: Stories on this site may contain mature language and situations, and may be inappropriate for readers under the age of 18.

THE END by Eileen Neary
    March 22, 2010  Poetry   Tags:

Broken urban desert, stale, parched
    Dusted and frosted with collapsing automobiles
    Skeletal juices crunch and ooze underfoot
    All is dead
    And as I stumble past a window I see my blackened eyes
    Dry lips, death-blown hair, empty gaze
    And with each step another ravaged wound
    My heart begins to sputter
    And when my left arm goes I don’t feel a thing
    because the horde has swallowed me
    New York City couldn’t save me

5 Comments

1. Ooo! I’m not usually much of a fan of poetry, genre or not.

This one is pretty good, though. Leaves ya wondering:

Is the speaker a Zombie become just one of millions, or that last victim of the Horde?

Either way, it’s an eerie feeling at the end.

Comment by cdugger on March 22, 2010 @ 5:01 pm

2. Wow, that was awesome! Really vivid imagery.

Comment by Poops McGee on March 23, 2010 @ 9:16 pm

3. Poetry does not usaully do it for me but this captures the mood well. Thanks!

Comment by Mac on March 24, 2010 @ 10:01 am

4. Thanks guys!!

Comment by Eileen on July 20, 2010 @ 11:15 pm

5. I can really imagine this in my head if i close my eyes, this is extremely awesome and i really enjoyed it!

Comment by ChaosPeng on December 9, 2010 @ 8:22 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.