Categories:

Monthly Archives:

Recent Comments:
  • Doc { Great read, hope there's more soon. } – Jan 02, 6:51 AM
  • J_Mo { This is the scariest story I've read here on talesworldwarz.com. this guy is way worse than the undead. Thank you... } – Dec 23, 11:18 AM
  • Justin Dunne { You had me at Kevin Fortune. } – Dec 22, 4:56 AM
  • Kristen { Wow. This is twisted and wonderful. Thanks for sharing. } – Dec 21, 7:51 PM
  • Martin { It,s too bad we can,t rate these stories like some other sites. Wow! What a great tale so far! 5... } – Dec 20, 1:20 AM

• Spooky Halloween book series

All The Dead Are Here - Pete Bevan's zombie tales collection

Popular Tags:

WARNING: Stories on this site may contain mature language and situations, and may be inappropriate for readers under the age of 18.

QUARTERS by William D. Tripp
    May 20, 2010  Poetry   Tags:

We move together in mass
    Like preteen girls at a concert

held at the mall, the day before
    the outbreak Now that music

with no elevator, is drowned out
    by the masses, whose feet

drown out the screams. We move
    separately together
    All looking with no eyes

for the slow
    tender
    fat man

who smells of summertime
    barbecue, and the woman

who is filled with tomato soup
    and crackers We feed and drink

as the oblivious children play
    in the arcade, with light guns

that will not save them.

12 Comments

1. Awesome poem man…nice.

Comment by Ricky on May 20, 2010 @ 8:21 pm

2. Amazing poem. I looked over my shoulder when I finished. The mechanics could not be better. The stanza and line breaks helped me push all of the details into one lucid picture and scene,

Comment by Jarrod on May 20, 2010 @ 8:41 pm

3. That last line seriously gave me chills. It’s always sad to think about the children if anything like this ever happened, and trapped in an arcade room with the ‘preteen girl mob’ would be horrible for them. Very nicely written, William!

Comment by Greg on May 20, 2010 @ 9:18 pm

4. nice , good work

Comment by uncleb on May 21, 2010 @ 6:42 am

5. Filled with soup??? awesome. really enjoyed the poem

Comment by Joe on May 21, 2010 @ 8:30 am

6. Morbid, but good. I don’t normally like poems, but this one is an exception, well done.

Comment by Doc on May 22, 2010 @ 3:12 am

7. I’m no poem fan but this paint a picture with a story behind.. Thanks

Comment by Mac on May 22, 2010 @ 6:47 am

8. beautiful execution

Comment by gabryl on May 23, 2010 @ 4:26 pm

9. Really rich detailing here. The description of the fat man, the irony of children shooting in the arcade. Just really well done stuff, man.

Comment by Justin on May 24, 2010 @ 6:06 pm

10. Another example of great poetry. I must give it a go sometime. I got a nice rich image reading this.

Comment by Pete Bevan on May 25, 2010 @ 4:53 am

11. Extremely nice imagery! Like others I too wince when I see poems come up. Mainly because it seems they try too hard or it’s just very random. BUT yours could be the start of an awesome story in poem form.

Comment by liz on June 7, 2010 @ 10:44 am

12. Incredible poem, i really liked this one. Your wording was just perfect!

Comment by ChaosPeng on December 9, 2010 @ 8:20 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.